GALZ invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of 1 x Gender Officer based in Harare.
To ensure the interests of women members of GALZ are represented in all areas of GALZ’s work through the development of consistent and ongoing programming for LBT women ensuring the full participation of LBT women at all levels within the organisation.
- Identify LBT women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights issues affecting women and facilitate visibility of LBT women’s needs and interests in all GALZ programmes.
- Design, coordination and implementation of a work plan/calendar of activities for LBT women to increase their participation and visibility in the programmes of the association
- Monitor the implementation of gender policies of GALZ and promote the visibility of LBT women at all levels within GALZ including the inclusion of LBT women in positions of leadership
- Represent GALZ within the human rights, gender, HIV/AIDS, LBT and women’s movement in Zimbabwe and promote the participation of LBT women in campaigns such as International Women’s Day and Sixteen Days of Activism
- Conduct regular participatory monitoring, evaluation and learning processes on service delivery to members
- Conduct Research on gender inequality in service delivery to LBT women to inform policy advocacy.
- A first degree in social sciences
- A human rights activist with bias towards SRHR and minority rights
- A certificate course in project management
- Certificate in systemic counselling would be an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates who match the profile are invited to submit by e-mail their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 February 2019.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted