Notice is hereby given of the annual general meeting of members of GALZ An Association of LGBTI People in Zimbabwe (hereafter referred to as GALZ) to be conducted simultaneously via electronic means and in person subject to compliance with National Covid-19 regulations at 9am (Central African Time) on Saturday, 4 December 2021. This annual general meeting, and any adjournment or postponement thereof, is referred to hereinafter as the AGM.
More information in this regard is provided near the end of this notice of AGM.
The Board has determined that the date on which a person must be recorded as a member in the organisation’s securities register in order to:
• receive notice that the AGM is on Saturday, 4 December 2021; and
• participate and vote in the AGM on Saturday, 4 December 2021.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Consideration and adoption of the audited financial statements.
- Consideration of the Chairperson’s report and Auditor’s report.
- Election of Members to replace the outgoing Board.
- Review of operations under Covid-19
- Apart from the above ordinary business, any other business presented for inclusion on the agenda by the member.
The organisation will offer members (or their representatives or proxies) reasonable access through electronic facilities and a virtual meeting platform to participate in the AGM. A member (or its representative or proxy) will, if (and only if) the member requests that access be granted to it (or to its representative or proxy), be able to:
• Listen in to, and participate in, the AGM through electronic facilities; and
• vote in the AGM through a virtual meeting platform.
Members are invited to request such access by sending an email (subject: Participation Request) to the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Following receipt of a Participation Request, the organisation will email the relevant contact link and login details to the member concerned to enable them (or their representative or proxy) to listen in to, participate in, and vote in, the AGM (Connection Details Notice).
The Participation Request must specify:
• The name of the member (and, if applicable, of the representative or proxy); and
• an email address at which the shareholder (and, if applicable, the representative or proxy), can be contacted.
Reasonably satisfactory identification (copy of ID or membership number), as contemplated above (and a letter of representation or a duly completed Form of Proxy, if applicable) must be attached to the Participation Request. It is requested, for administrative reasons, that a Participation Request, complying with the above requirements, be emailed to email@example.com to be received by no later than 9:30 (Central African Time) on Wednesday, 1 December 2021. A private ZOOM link will be shared with confirmed attendees by Friday, 3 December 2021.
Members are advised that they will be allowed into the venues upon production of Membership Cards and suitable identification.
Venue TBA in Bulawayo, Harare, Mutare, Masvingo
By order of the Board
For questions on this Notice, GALZ may be contacted via the below by 20th November 2021.
firstname.lastname@example.org, (0242) 741736, P. Bag A6131, Avondale, Harare